Update on the terms and conditions due to the coronavirus pandemic (applicable to new bookings after 13 October 2020):
- Book risk-free with confidence. You can reschedule your wedding as many times as needed if that’s necessary due to ongoing social or travel restrictions. And if you have to cancel your wedding, we will refund you 100% of your downpayment towards a DJ performance. Any downpayment made towards equipment rental (sound system, lighting system and/ or generator) is non-refundable.
- This update overrules the condition mentioned in the previous update of 11 March 2020.
Update on the terms and conditions due to the corona virus threat (as of 11 March 2020):
- In cases the client has to reschedule/ postponed the event due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, any amount that has already been paid can be transferred to the new date without any additional fee. The following additional terms and conditions apply:
- If there is no travel ban from/ to Bali or from the couple’s city/ country of origin and flights that are supposed to bring wedding couples and their guests to the island are not cancelled, we do not consider the COVID-19 threat to be force majeure and as such any downpayment that has been made can not be refunded. The only exception to this is when a client informs us of a cancellation of their wedding or reschedule of their wedding date due to the COVID-19 threat more than 90 days in advance. In that case, 50% of the downpayment that has been made can be refunded. Only the downpayment for the DJ performance is partly refundable in that case. Any downpayment made towards equipment rental (sound system, lighting system and/ or generator) is non-refundable.
- If a travel ban to/ from Bali or from the couple’s city/ country of origin is put in place by a government and/ or flights that are supposed to bring wedding couples and their guests to Bali are cancelled because of the COVID-19 threat, we consider this force majeure event and a full refund of any payment that has been made for a DJ performance is offered. Any downpayment made towards equipment rental (sound system, lighting system and/ or generator) is non-refundable, also in case of force-majeure.
- Any granted refunds will be paid as soon as possible. However, due to cash flow within our company it may take up to 60 days before a refund is paid out.
General terms and conditions:
- All rates are subject to change. Notice of changes in rates will be given. New rates are applicable to all new booking enquiries done from the date they come into effect. For pending bookings, a reasonable decision time will be agreed.
- The rates for performances include the use of professional and versatile DJ gear.
- Rates are excluding a sound system & lighting. However, a sound system and/ or lighting can be arranged through one of our approved vendors.
- Any interruptions of the DJ performance (like speeches, other entertainment) count towards the performance time.
- Rates are for performances in South Bali only (as far as Tanah Lot in the west, Ketewel in the East, and all areas south of the Tanah Lot – Ketewel line). For performances outside this area, a travel surcharge may apply.
- Different rates apply to performances on New Year’s eve (by enquiry).
- Tax is not applicable (the tax is a fixed sum paid by the artist to the government).
- A 50% non-refundable deposit (force majeure events excluded) is required to confirm and secure each booking.
- The remaining balance has to be paid before the start of the performance.
- A performance contract outlining the details of the performance can be made for every booking, upon request.
- The electricity supply in Indonesia can be unreliable, and the DJ equipment that is used is sensitive to low or fluctuating voltages, as are most electronics. A voltage regulator is used to minimise the chance of the DJ equipment failing because of low or fluctuating voltage supply. However, the regulator has limited range, and is not able to compensate very big fluctuations or very low voltages. If the music sounds distorted or drops altogether due to low or big fluctuations in the voltage of the electricity supply, the DJ can’t be held responsible and no compensation is given. Generators usually provide a stable supply of 220 volt.
- Even in the dry season, but definitely in the wet season, there is a chance of rain. In case of performances outdoors, a fully covered DJ booth to protect the equipment from water damage is not necessary. However, it will be accepted that as soon as it starts raining, the equipment will have to be covered, and the music may stop temporarily. In such a scenario, no refund will be given for the time that no music is played.
Changes and cancellations
- The client shall inform Majestic at the earliest opportunity of any relevant changes in the flight schedule, event rundown or other aspects relevant to the performance.
- In case the client reschedules / postpones the event, the 50% downpayment that has been made is forfeited, except in force majeure situations.
- In regards to changes or cancellations incurred by force majeure: both Majestic and the client shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligation here under, or any damages, caused by force majeure. In such case, force majeur events have to be proven.
- When a force majeure event occurs, the client shall have the choice to either reschedule the performance to a later available date at no extra charge, or to cancel the event and receive a 50% refund of any amounts paid (deposit and/ or balance) towards the DJ performance. This does not apply to equipment rentals.
- Force majeure events in this contract are: flight cancellations, flight delays so severe that the DJ can not start his performance on time, strikes, epidemics, pandemics, terrorist attacks, floodings caused by a tsunami, earthquakes, any act by a public authority or any other event, beyond the control of Majestic and the client.
- Should the DJ be unable to perform due to severe illness or a family emergency, he will inform client about this at the earliest opportunity. In such case, client is entitled to choose one of the following options:
- cancel the performance and get a refund of any amounts paid (deposit and/ or balance).
- reschedule the performance to a later available date instead (free of charge)
- The artist is not entitled to change or cancel the performance for any other reason than sickness, family emergency or force majeure, unless the client agrees to this in writing.
- The client reserves the right to terminate the agreement without prior notice and penalty and will withhold the remaining fee payable in case of breach of any of these terms and conditions.